Instructions for presenters
Important note: please kindly indicate the name of the presenter of your accepted paper in edas.
The time allocated for papers scheduled for presentation in ORAL sessions is given below:
- Full papers: 20 minutes distributed as follows: 16 min presentation + 4 min Q/A.
- Short papers: 15 minutes distributed as follows: 12 min presentation + 3 min Q/A.
Display boards ideal for poster presentations will be available prior to the POSTER session. Posters will be affixed on boards and should be positioned in portrait orientation. We recommend A0/A1 for the poster size.
Authors of papers scheduled for presentation during the POSTER session need to prepare a A0/A1 poster that coveys the message of the paper in a clear and concise manner. All posters and their presenters will be introduced by the POSTER session chair in the conference room at the beginning of the session.
Session chair responsibilities
Fulfilling session chair responsibilities is very important for the success of the conference. Session chairs will ensure that every speaker respects the allocated time for his/her paper presentation and that the session runs smoothly. Their role includes:
- Starting the session at the scheduled time
- Introducing the session topic
- Introducing each paper and its speaker
- Maintaining the program schedule by ensuring that speakers do not exceed the time allocated for their presentation and that some time is left for at least two questions.
All speakers are invited to do the following to make sure that all sessions start and end on time:
- Be present at the session room 10 min before the start of their session to confirm their presence to the session chair and copy their slides into the PC available in the conference room. HDMI and VGA cables are also available for speakers wishing to use their own laptop.
- Send a short biography (5 lines max) to the chair of their session no later than 3 days before the conference date so that the session chair can introduce them before they present their papers. To this end, every speaker is invited to send an email to the session chair with the following subject line “Wireless Days 2019 – Author Biography" and the requested Biography. The name and email address of all sessions chairs will be available in the technical program soon.